When advertising positions, write clear job ads that describe the personal qualities and experience you need. See Writing job ads for tips.
Other ideas include:
- Posting your ad on a number of jobs boards – for example, the Australian Government’s Jobsearch allows you to advertise your jobs for free.
- Using Job search to link you to your local employment provider, which can offer free end-to-end recruitment services.
- Contacting a Disability Employment Service provider if you are recruiting a person with a disability. You may also be eligible for the Employment Assistance Fund.
If you are an aged care provider in a rural or remote area, you can access the:
- Rural Locum Assistance Program for a highly skilled surge workforce
- Remote and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Aged Care Service Development Assistance Panel for professional support including workforce planning.
The Vocational, Training & Employment Centre provides support to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander job seekers and new workers. They work with employers, employment services and Indigenous communities to identify jobs and establish training requirements.
The Boosting the Local Care Workforce (BLCW) program offers support for employers who want to talk to a specialist on how to recruit staff. You can find how to grow your workforce or contact a Regional Coordinator directly.