Personal information consent and authorisation
The Australian Government Department of Social Services (the department) collects personal information to explain and promote government policies, programs, services, events and activities.
We are seeking your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of promoting the Care and Support Workforce campaign.
What personal information will be collected?
We are seeking your consent to collect, use and disclose:
- your photo, and/or
- information which may identify you and/or
- a digital recording, audio recording or video recording of you, and/or
- information to describe your image, such as your gender, age, hair or clothing worn, and/or
- information about your experience working in the care and support sector, and/or
- other personal information such as your name and where you live.
How will your personal information be used?
By consenting, we may use your personal information (including, if you consent, your name and where you are from) in any of the following:
- printed publications such as brochures, booklets, fact sheets
- display banners and posters
- television, radio and newspaper advertisements and other media
- internet (including www.careandsupportjobs.gov.au and/or related government managed social media websites).
We may also share your personal information with other Australian Government departments, contractors working on our behalf and/or media outlets.
How will your personal information be protected?
We take our privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) very seriously. We will collect, use, record, disclose and store your information in accordance with the law.
Who will own copyright?
Generally the Australian Government will own copyright in any photos, digital recordings, videos and other material produced with your information. If you receive a copy of your photo, digital recording, video or other material you won’t be able to publish it without permission from the Australian Government.
Access and correction of personal information